Krista is an experienced transactional attorney and the Firm’s founding attorney. Before starting Valence in 2012, Krista practiced at a global law firm in San Francisco.
She drafts and negotiates leases, subleases and ground leases for office, industrial, retail and other commercial properties. She has developed a specialty advising technology and life sciences companies with leasing and subleasing matters in the Bay Area as well as advising retailers retail property throughout California. She negotiates construction contracts for property owners, developers, and tenants and regularly assists clients with property management matters. She represents investors, developers, and end-users with the purchase and sale of all types of commercial property, including office buildings, R&D facilities, warehouses, shopping centers, hotels, golf courses and vacant land.
Her practice also includes structuring and negotiating commercial financing transactions, including real estate secured loans, construction loans and loans secured by partnership and equity interests.
Krista received her B.S. from the University of California, Berkeley in 2000 and her J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004. Krista is admitted to practice in California and is a member of the California State Bar Real Property Section and the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- Negotiating leases and subleases for several million square feet of office, industrial, retail and R&D space throughout the Bay Area and the United States.
- Serving as national real estate counsel to a global technology company in connection with reconfiguring its national real estate portfolio.
- Representing a national bank in connection with real estate secured loans as well as loans secured by other collateral.
- Representing a REIT with the portfolio sale of several office towers.
- Representing a health care company with the construction and build-out of a large call-center.
- Assisting a real estate investment firm in connection with the acquisition of over 40 storage facilities in the United States.
- Representing technology companies with the purchase and leasing of corporate headquarters locations.
- Representing a developer in connection with the purchase and redevelopment of industrial, maritime property, including negotiating ground lease rights with a municipal entity and negotiating a long term ground lease with a long term industrial user.
Contact Krista Kim
telephone: (415) 735-5930
fax: (415) 358-4570