Mia Tindle brings 20 years of experience counseling and assisting clients with structuring and documenting sophisticated commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and development.
Prior to joining Valence, Mia served as in-house counsel at Chevron Corporation supporting the Chevron Business and Real Estate Services division in the redevelopment of former refineries and tank farms, acquisition and disposition of various U.S.-based properties, and development of corporate campuses.
Prior to her work at Chevron, Mia was a Partner in the Real Estate Group at an international law firm with nearly 1000 lawyers in 14 offices, representing public companies, private equity companies, public and private home builders, conventional and renewable energy companies, technology and pharmaceutical companies, financial institutions and wineries with their real estate transactional needs.
Mia has extensive experience in commercial leasing matters, representing both landlords and tenants on a wide range of property product types, including specialized uses such as biotech, research and development, manufacturing and retail. While in private practice, she was also seconded with a software company, serving as de facto in-house counsel for all leasing matters with respect to its three million square foot portfolio.
Mia earned her B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley, and her J.D. from UC Hastings College of the Law. She is licensed to practice in California (active) and Hawaii (inactive).
- Cubmaster, Piedmont Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Board of Directors, Family Support Services
- Board, Havens Parents Club
- Past Chair and Advisor, Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Former Member, Board of Governors, Hastings College of the Law
- Former Managing Editor, California Real Property Journal
- Corporate counsel in the disposition of former gas service stations located in San Francisco including documentation of restrictive use covenants
- Corporate counsel in the redevelopment of a former tank farm site in San Luis Obispo including negotiation of a development agreement with the locality
- Corporate counsel in the development of an office campus in Bakersfield including negotiation of the construction contract and related documentation
- Corporate counsel in the negotiation and documentation of leases, easements, license agreements, purchase and sale agreements, settlement agreements, development agreements and procurement contracts for various projects
- Represented a biopharmaceutical company in lease transactions in California for office, wet lab and biopharmaceutical uses
- Represented the seller in the $175 million disposition of an office complex in Walnut Creek
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in the disposition of nine owned manufacturing facilities in the US, UK and Canada, and over a dozen leased manufacturing facilities worldwide
Contact Mia Tindle
telephone: (510) 250-9116
fax: (415) 358-4570