Linda Shelby brings over 40 years of experience as a commercial real estate attorney. She is a veteran of corporate law firms and in-house corporate counsel and provides deep insight into all areas of our practice.
Linda attended the University of Pennsylvania, receiving a B.A. in English. She began her legal career after graduating from the University of San Francisco School of Law and is currently admitted to practice in California and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
As Senior Counsel for Bank of America, Linda was responsible for all legal matters relating to bank-owned or leased real property in several regions of the United States and for all international properties for the Bank’s Corporate Real Estate Division. Linda was also responsible for the disposition of over $3 billion of OREO property. Linda has managed real estate counsel in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin and South America.
She then served as Senior Counsel to the California State Automobile Association for ten years. Linda’s responsibility included purchase and lease transactions of all office, retail, and industrial real estate, property acquisition, surplus property sales, and construction and property management. By supporting the procurement department in contracts for goods, professional services, and IT, Linda gained expertise in all phases of negotiation, RFP development, and contract execution.
In her free time, Linda competes in dressage and combines her love of horses and travel with equestrian vacations in far-flung places such as India, Kenya and Mongolia.
- Negotiating a 120,000 square foot office lease for a popular online review company’s San Francisco headquarters, plus an additional 300,000 square feet of space in San Francisco, New York, Palo Alto and Chicago.
- Serving as lead counsel for $150-million, 255,000 square foot build to suit transaction for a corporate headquarters.
- Facilitating the acquisition of several data/contact centers and leases of 200,000+ square feet data/contact centers, including all aspects of demolition and build-out.
- Negotiating an office lease for 290,000 square feet of office space in Republic Plaza, Singapore.
- Structuring and negotiating over 150 high-value, complex commercial, procurement and real estate transactions for a client.
- Advising a Fortune 100 company with real estate portfolio consisting of over 400 leases and subleases.
- Representing a developer in connection with the purchase and redevelopment of 39 acres of industrial, maritime property, including negotiating ground lease rights with a municipal entity and negotiation a long term ground lease with a long term industrial user.
Contact Linda Shelby
telephone: (415) 735-5950
fax: (415) 358-4570